Monday, December 22, 2008

New Bikes: Suzuki Shogun 125RR and 125SP

Suzuki Shogun 125 RR and Suzuki Shogun 125SP
(click to enlarge)

I know this post is a little bit late. I was thinking whether to include this bike or not on this blog because this blog is mostly about Yamaha cub bikes but I can't resist the temptation given by Shogun 125 SP by Suzuki.
When I was studying in secondary school, my father bought me a Suzuki Best 110. At that time, there were Yamaha SS 110 and RG Sports 110 as the contender to Best 110. So, I think it is also relevant to put it into this blog.
The wow element that I can find in this Shogun is on the installation of front and rear disc brake. Front and rear disc brake is very hard to find fitted on cub bikes. The bikes that I know have this kind of installation is Yamaha 125Z and Suzuki RGX 120 in Malaysia. In Thailand, it is a different story because they have a lot of cub bike fitted with front and rear disc brake like Honda Sonic, Honda Nova, Kawasaki Leostar, Yamaha X1R and many more.
The other good element in this Shogun is the availability of manual hand clutch which gives better acceleration and torque to the bike. The other bike that have manual hand clutch is Yamaha LC135ES only.
The sport rim is also my favourite because it features the Y-spoke. Y-spoke sport rims is used in many popular bike like Aprilia RS125 and Kawasaki Ninja ZX250R. Both which are also my favourite bike other than Yamaha.
The downside of this bike is the use of old style rear suspension which is still NOT monoshock. This make the overall looks of the bike look safe and nothing special. You can modified your LC135 to get front and rear disc brake, but it is much much harder to change the double shock system to monoshock system. One more thing is about the displacement(cc) of the Shogun. It is only 125cc where nowadays the buzzword is 135cc. I really think Suzuki need to do something about it.
For more information, head up to here.
Shogun 125 RR (Clutch auto) RM5,253.75
Shogun 125 SP (Clutch manual) RM5,400.25

via : motomalaya.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment