Friday, December 12, 2008

Awesome artwork you must see...

I try not to post more than once a day because I often don't have enough material to post once every day. Today is different. I can't wait to share this with readers who might not catch this good blog I regularly read myself. I just popped over to Forty Years On Two Wheels, a noteworthy moto-blog, and read Doug Klassen's post about A Babe in the blogging Woods. I've noticed on Doug's blog that in the side bar he has a photo of a most spectacular water color painting of a motorcycle.


original watercolor painting by Debbie Klassen

I've seen it many times before, and studied it. The first time I laid eyes on it, I was in awe of how that much detail could be done with watercolor. From a distance, it looks airbrushed. I'm an artsy fartsy kind of fellow myself, and this kind of quality does not go unrecognized. Too bad that before today, I never noticed the link below the photo on Doug's blog. Salt and Light Studio Fine Art watercolor. Hell, until today's post on Doug's blog I never even knew his wife was the fine artist of the painting that I so many times have drooled over. Her name is Debbie Klassen. She's a great painter of high caliber in my opinion. If you like art, and you like motorcycles, go check it out! She obviously paints more than just motorcycles, but her husband Doug has a great passion for them, and She is recently sharing a love for a Honda Ruckus herself. Rumor has it she is starting her own blog. I look forward to seeing what she might have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment