Thursday, December 11, 2008

Change is good for the soul.

Off topic, there has been a change on my BLOG due to a change at the Mr. M. household.

I am Mr. Motorcycle
I live at 1 Frozen place in, Minnesota, United States
My wife refers to me as Mr. Motorcycle. My real name is Mark. I'm happily married and I'm also a father to 6 children. I have two human offspring, two cats, one dog, and one custom Harley. I believe that makes 6 children. As my blog name states, I'm a biker. When not doing my real full time job, or going for a ride, I like to do art, custom paint jobs, and make posts to this blog thing
you're reading.



We have adopted a dog, a Senior 9 Yr. old Golden Retriever from RAGOM.
(Retrieve A Golden Of Minnesota).

If you've followed this blog for a while, you might remember that I'm a big sucker for pets, and animal rescue organizations.

I'd like to share with you a letter that my wife wrote so eloquently in an e-mail that she shared with our extended family to give the good news...
"For a very long time there have been wishes voiced around our house about another family pet; specifically a dog. There were years our living situation made it impossible and there were years that our schedules & hectic family life weren't ideal for dog ownership; however as we've settled into our new house and as the kids have gotten not only older but also more self sufficient and responsible we realized that we were finally "there". A lot of time was spent researching different breeds and talking to friends with dogs; every time we came back to the same conclusion, the quintessential family dog, a Golden Retriever. Once that decision was made we began working with a local rescue organization Retrieve a Golden of Minnesota (RAGOM) to match us with a dog in need of a home. It was important to us that we find a dog who was good with children of all ages, trustworthy with cats, a good learner, past the rambunctious puppy stage, and relatively healthy. We've finally found our match, and his name is Cy. Cy is a 9 year old field coated golden, which explains his curls. He is really well behaved in the house, loves to be petted, is attached to Mark at the hip, always has a toy in his mouth and is working on a friendship of sorts with the cats. We know that 9 is pretty "old" for a golden, but his health is stellar so we expect quite a few years of love & companionship from this guy. Cy is also a television star, although we didn't see it, Cy was on KARE11 one morning last month to showcase what wonderful pets senior golden retrievers make. If you are interested you can read about Cy & why he was surrendered to RAGOM at his web-page."



Change in this case, is good for the soul. Cy has made each of us at our house very happy.
My family of (now 8 if you want to include the Harley) feels complete. (Well almost...) I would not be heart broken if another dog needing a home found its way to our hearts and home and made a daytime pal for Cy whilst all others are working or schoolin. The cats are not much fun for the dog seeing as we don't allow him to chase them.

What a perfect way to kick off the holidays!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment