Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Winter is definately here

Yesterday, I rode. It was awakening to say the least. I think the high was 32 degrees F.

I didn't ride far, as I was not really dressed for a long ride in these temps. However, I did need to scratch that itch as they say, so I took the bike out anyway. I settled for about a ten-fifteen mile ride. I came back frozen. But when I turned off the engine and parked my Harley in the garage, not only was I frozen, but so was the smile on my face. I thought it was totally worth it. About two minutes after I pulled the bike in, and got a bit warm again I felt like going out for some more. But my other responsibilities had to take priority which was reason #2 for parking the Harley for the day.

As the nights grow longer, so do the down times between rides, and as the days grow shorter so do the lengths of my rides.

Soon there will be snow and ice to stay, and the bike will have to embark on it's winter slumber.

I talked to the bike shop today. They wanted to know when I was bringing my bike in. (I'm having a new rear tire put on). I said (once again like the last time they asked) "I don't see no snow and ice on the road yet do you?" They said I'm crazy. I said so be it. I'm riding till I can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment