Monday, October 12, 2009

Life, and everything it has to throw my way....

Well the Frost your nuts run that I was supposed to go on last Saturday ended up being something I did not participate in as It snowed the night before. Frost and snow are two different things. I do my darndest not to ride in snow. Since the Frost your nuts run landed on my birthday this year, and that happened to be a Saturday, I decided to take the Friday prior, off from work and celebrate my own little holiday. I hate working on my birthday, so the last few years in a row I've made it a tradition to take my birthday off. If it lands on a weekend, I'll take the Friday off prior to it. I like to get in a little riding time and a wee bit of fishing as well on my birthday. It makes it special when the rest of the world around me is working and I'm off doing my own thing.

So I started off the morning by opening a gift that my In-laws gave me early. I'd had this since the weekend prior, due to a family gathering for a nephew's birthday. I hung onto it unopened until this last Friday. I opened my gift and here is what I found.

This card, LOL! with some cash.


Well, one has to wonder; What should I do with this new found cash?

I do believe a motorcycle ride to Tattoo Asylum was in order.


I had and 21 Yr. old Tat. of Mr. Horsepower that needed a facelift.
It's been bugging me for about the last 15 years or so.
Neil Reitan from Tattoo Asylum made it right for me.



I caught no fish, but I got out there. It snowed the Friday night that I got my tattoo, so riding in the Frost your nuts run was not a good option, but I got my tattoo taken care of. I also got to spend a lot of time with my family this weekend. This means a lot with our busy schedules. We even went out to eat for a special birthday dinner. I even found some time to get some projects done around the house. All in all, it was a great 3 day weekend for me.

I hope you all had a good weekend too.

By the way, its like 7:30 a.m. as I'm typing this now, and the picture below is what it looks like out my window. It's snowing right now as I type. This blows. I ain't ready for this shit yet.


P.S.,
Yeah, I know I'm behind on my S.O.A. review. I'll get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment