Friday, April 24, 2009

First ride of the season ... minus one license plate

Last weekend I was basking in the after-glow of my first motorcycle ride of the season -- a 35-minute jaunt on the county roads around my home in semi-rural Minnesota with my son as passenger -- and chuckling about one tiny (and I mean near inconsequential!) mar:

My ride was technically illegal.

You see, I didn't have a license plate.

Here's the story: I lent my motorcycle to the shop that does all our sewing (Desert Dawgs Rain Guards) so they could develop a seat for it. When it left here in November, it had a license plate. When I got it back last week ... no plate. So I rushed to the bureau only to find out they were closed for a 'belated' Good Friday holiday. Frustrating! (But, as you can see, it didn't stop me!)

Do you think an officer would let me off the hook with that story?? (It's true.) Luckily I didn't have to find out...

No comments:

Post a Comment