Thursday, June 21, 2007

Harley-Davidson Recalls 2007 Models for Oil Leak Problem

Harley-Davidson has issued a recall of certain 2007 FLSTC, FLSTC Shrine, FLSTF, FLSTF Shrine, FLSTN, FLSTSC, FXST, FXSTB, FXSTC, FXSTD, FXSTSSE, and Softail motorcycles.

Certain motorcycles were built with a condition that permits the positive battery cable to contact a weld bead on the oil tank. This may cause the weld bead to abrade through the insulation on the cable and cause an electrical short from the battery through the oil tank and oil lines. This could lead to an oil leak and/or possible fire, which could result in injury or death to the rider.

52240 units are affected.

I regret that I am reporting this late. It was reported on 04/20/2007. Either I totally missed this as I reviewed the daily reports from the NHTSA or the NHTSA database was updated after the end of the month.

Check out my Motorcycle Recalls feature for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment